Friday, March 23, 2007

Day 145
Miami, USA
You know the expression "ton of bricks"...well.....today thats how it hit me. As I read the comments following my announcement that we were back in The States, I burst into tears. "Say it isn't so!" said Shannon.....I wish I could.
Don't get me wrong....I don't feel sorry for us. God knows we have had more than most ever dream of. I will never be able to put into words how much this time has meant to us as a family and to each of us individulaly.
I say with confidence that The Herald Family travels well together. The three of us have always been bonded and now we share not only this special experience, but the knowledge that five months of living in a 100 square foot room, moving on average every three days, figuring out A to B, getting through the fun and the scary......is all something we can do together.....and most importantly have it unite us in a way that makes me so very proud of my boys. I am forever grateful for the chance, the lesson, the adventure.
However, I believe it impossible for me not to be sad as we all are when something wonderful is over.
Anyhow.....back to blogging!
After two wonderful nights hanging out with Taylor, Amy, and their two sons in their beautiful old Miami home we headed to surprise my Grandma.
Bryce wanted to run in and yell "surprise!" as loud as possible.
But, seeing as she is a 95 year old woman with cancer......I decided that might be a bad idea. We wanted to visit....not give her a heart attack. So we went with the less intense version of simply walking into her living room. She was of course, thrilled and we got to spend a lovely afternoon chatting with her and my aunt Maureen. My father's siblings Patti and Marty showed up for dinner and it just felt nice to be around family.
We are staying at Patti's house and she is much to hospitable and generous for words.
My parents get here tomorrow........and then we are off on one last adventure. Don't give up on us yet!

1 Comments:

Blogger Evie said...

I'm sure your grandma was very excited to see you. I'm so sorry to hear that she has cancer. How cruel to get to 95 and be hit with that!!! Your parents must be thrilled to see you as well!

Somehow I just don't think your next adventure will be the "last" one! I could never give up on you and your family travels! There is absolutely no doubt that you will miss spending that much time together and exploring a new world. I'm happy to hear that you are still getting spoiled and that you are slowing re-entering life in the States.

I will keep reading.
Love, Evie

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home