Friday, March 09, 2007

Day 134
Maru Penninsula, Brazil
A lazy day. Not really an option to be too energetic here. We saundered down the beach this morning to the point where we found a comfy little beach bar clad with loung chairs and pillows. We spent the day there chatting with other vacationers, swimming, reading, and dining on typical Bahian foods. Bahia (this state of Brazil) is famous for very distinct and flavorful food. My favorite was the fried cheese they heat over coals on the beach and then douse in lemon. Bryce enjoys the fried meat and falafel balls and Rich dives into the ginger coconut shrimp. All these foods are served by vendors that walk up and down the beach with their fresh wears and then cook it up in a pan in the sand when you are ready.
It was quite lovely.
Rich got up the stamina to go diving with a guy from Sao Paulo he had gotten friendly with at the pousada. He had a great time. However the best part was watching Bryce get excited about the fact that HIS Dad was a real diver! He helped him get on all his equipment and check his guages. He can´t wait to be old enough to go with.
Being too young, instead he made friends with a boy from Argentina. I think he was happy to find a child who spoke Spanish instead of Portugese! His spanish can right back.....I was impressed.
We headed back to the pousada just in time for our Thai massage under a thatched tent next to the water. Oh...life is tough.
At night, Rich and I laid under the moonlight in beach loungers staring at the stars.
I mentioned my "bed" dream to him. He just laughed.
So, I asked him "Don´t you miss anything from home?"
During his quiet thinking process......I listened to the waves tumble onto the shore. I felt the warm breeze and watched the palms sway above us. I took a sip of my wine.
He smiled at me and said "No."

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Ward Richardson said...

Yes, I know the miss-the-bed feeling. And believe me the wait will be worth it. Dave and I were amazed at how wonderful our bed was when we got back and the first "night" we slept for 14 hours. And that's only a $250 mattress!

Carrie

2:58 PM  
Blogger paula&dave said...

Bryce and Richard are famous! I knew it was just a matter of time.
I'm so glad you aren't missing too many things from home....but know that home misses you a ton!

9:39 PM  
Blogger The Hardy family said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww paula! That was the best comment yet! dito!

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home