Thursday, March 15, 2007


Day 142
Rio, Brazil
Why back to Rio?? Well...that is where the flights go.
We are staying in town this time and having a great amount of fun. Our book says one of the best experiences in the world is to "be the boy or girl from Ipanema"....so today that is what we did. We layed on the beach and soaked up the sun. It is really fantastic to have this huge, beautiful beach right in the heart of the city. Like nowhere else I have ever experienced. Its a lot of fun, if you don't mind the hoards of hawkers coming by to sell, drinks, clothes, jewlery, tattoos, food......we actually don't. We find it more charming than annoying. Plus...you never have to leave your beach chair. Everything just comes to you!
We also had the pleasure today of having lunch with Vern Herald's (Rich's Dad) college roommate! He is Brazillian and moved back to Rio over 30 years ago.....Through our driver here in Rio we looked him up and ionvited him to lunch. We thought this picture might be a lot of fun for Vern.
However, so far my favorite Rio experience was last night.
Rich and I got a sitter and went to dinner at The Copacabana Palace. Best food we have ever had! And the restaruant is beautiful, the service perfect, the atmosphere almost a trip back in time. I felt like Bridgette Bordeau in the 1920s. It was pure ellegance personified.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mariola said...

Too bad I can't enlarge the picture of the two of you.. Betsy, Rich - you look so beautiful and happy! :-)

2:25 PM  
Blogger The Hardy family said...

Damn this blogger.... I just wrote a long comment and it got lost!
And I was waxing poetic....
Long and the short:
I am so proud of you three for desciding to live life and not just stress out about it. It is so easy to excuse your dreams away with the demands of survival in the rat race! I really aplaude your commitment to making it happen! Now as you aproach re-entry try not to lose the joy of life that has been been the spine of your actions over the past months. What you have done many only dream about doing.
SPeaking of, when are you coming back, folks keep asking me and I keep telling them not to hold their breath.... for at any moment you could be wind swept to the next adventure! And don't come too soon, you see while last night I was swapping the Grill and Snow Blower for front position in the rear of the garage.. tonight I swapped them back because we are getting a foot of snow! Gotta loce New England...
Love and hugs,
Heather

3:22 PM  
Blogger paula&dave said...

Love the thought of being at the Copacabana. You both looks happy, refreshed and wonderful! (Betsy you have a wonderful glow and Rich - love the beard!)
I'm with Heather - we all can learn something through this adventure of yours. I'm hoping one day we will be as fortunate to take one as well!
Lots of love!

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home