Friday, January 19, 2007


Day 78
Buenos Aires, Argentina
This morning we woke at the horrific hour of 8:30Am to hop a ride out to Estancia Santa Susan, an old fashioned ranch about 1.5 hours outside of Buenos. As much as we have been loving the city of Buenos Aires....we thought it might be nice to see the outlying area called The Pampa. A massive amount of land filled with large ranches and farms, the way it has been for hundreds of years.
The day turned out quite nice and we had a great time. We started out with a little horseback ride, and then a big Bar-B-Q, called a Parrilla.
Of course, Rich and Bryce enjoyed that part a little more than I did. But, the wine was flowing freely, the gauchos were singing and the whole event turned into a real old fashioned sing and dance fiesta.
After getting us livened up and happy......the ranchers took us outside to watch them do round-up. I must tell you these guys are amazing. Many of the guachos were fifth generation Argentine ranchers and they work a horse better than I work my own two feet. I thought about Darci and Grace......you guys have got to get out here!
After the round-up we hung about visiting with the family who owned the estancia. As some of your know, Bryce has been begging me to ride horse for over a year now. I have insisted he can not ride until he is 7.
However, I turned my back for one minute..........and it seems like the rancher´s daughter, Yasmine..aka Bryce´s new girlfriend, had other ideas!
She threw out a hand, Bryce hopped righ on and off they went across the field! She is a young, rough and tumble tomboy with the looks of a future super model. And a rich father to boot! If this is Bryce´s type......we are in for a heap of trouble!


2 Comments:

Blogger The Hardy family said...

Dear Brycee,
I wish I could be there
Love,
Zack and Kayla

2:15 PM  
Blogger The Hardy family said...

Hmmmmm I see a trend, ranch trips and pony rides... though Yasmine has the little mexican man beat by a a land slide!

That is the story is the start of a movie starring Penelope Cruz and Hmmm I need to think about Bryce's movie star.

so cool. i am running out of things to say.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home