Sunday, November 19, 2006

DAY 19
PUNO, PERU

OK....you knew there had to be one.....today was not really a fun day. Puno is dirty, smelly, and just all around C-R-A-P-P-Y. Not to mention....so is our hotel. The beds have popcorn pillow, there is mold on the walls, and the palce smells as bad as the town. The water is either Scoarching hot or freezing cold and I really needed to shave my legs!
For you travelers out there...we are staying at the Colon Inn....and its not even cheap! $60 per night! Around here that price should buy you the Four Seasons.
Anyhow, we slept badly last night and Bryce was cranky all day. Luckily he does not know its his birthday. We told him it was Friday....that was more fun.
Also....why no fabulous pictures of Bryce´s party??? We are in the land of "can not download photos".
We did do a nice visit today to a local family and that was incredibly interesting and nice...but I think by that time we were so pissed about everything else, we almost could´nt enjoy anything.
Off to dinner in smelly land....pray for us!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Hardy family said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Brycee
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuu

XOXOX
Zack, Kayla, Heather and Alex.

7:14 PM  
Blogger paula&dave said...

Happy birthday Bryce!!!! Sorry we aren't with you but it sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. We miss you tons and wish were were there for your party. Glad you were able to have pizza (yikes on the cost!!). And Uncle Dave in true Herald form is most jealous of the very yummy chocolate cake.
Love you tons!!
Uncle Dave and Aunt Paula

8:51 PM  
Blogger Carrie Ward Richardson said...

Sorry I missed saying Happy Birthday on Bryce's fake and his real birthday - I was busy researching hotels in Chile. But sounds like Bryce had a great fake birthday. I wish as could have taken Spanish school with you!

Hopefully you got the email about hotesl in Chile. Just let me know what to book, and what you can book from there. I'm also working on the cars and flights. Sky Airlines has decided that my password is not my password, so I'm having trouble, but I'll figure it out... Man, the car rental is EXPENSIVE! Also of it is the drop off fee, for leaving the car someplace different than picking it up. But I guess we don't have a lot of options. I suppose we could take the bus from Tecumo to Puerto Montt...

Sorry you had such a bad day in Pumo. Hopefuly you won't be there for too much longer.

Carrie

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home