Thursday, December 28, 2006

Day 58
BARILOCHE, ARGENTINA
Sadly...my parents left to head back home today. It will take them three days to get back with stops in Buenos Aires and Miami. I think they are sad to go.....but my Dad might be a bit ready for "the adventure" to end. I think next year we might send him to a beach in Mexico.
Anyhow...we have had two gloriously sunny days here in Bariloche and we have made the most of them by doing outdoor activities galore!
Bryce´s favorite was the Alpine Slide. You take a chair lift up the ski slope and then cruise down on a sled.

I wish you could have seen my parents race each other down that thing! It was enough to keep anyone laughing for a good long time.










We also took a beautiful ride to the summit of one of the nearby peaks. You get to ride up in a Gondola.....(which I can´t show you pictures of because Rich took them all in 5MEG!)
And then there is a revolving restaurant and incredible views at the top. It was really beautiful. Some of the best views of my life.
The boys also got up early in the morning for a hike...which I would also show you pictures of if they weren´t in 5MEG.....is anyone getting the hint Rich may be in a bit of trouble???
Not that he knows it yet.....he and Dave have hired a guide and are off Fly Fishing for the afternoon! I hope they catch something big. I have a feeling some bragging rights may be at stake.
Last night we had our 2nd fondue dinner of the week and I think we have gone through 20 bottles of red wine in five days. Alas....tomorrow is our last day in Bariloche. It has been wonderful, but its time to start thinking about planning our next steps. Our vacation, from our vacation, must come to an end. I guess life could be worse. :) Down toward the end of the earth we head!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the picture of your parents waving. It's as if they are waving good-bye to their vacation. I love the image of seeing them racing each other down the hill. I'm sure they will miss all of you very much.

I can't wait to hear about the end of the earth. How cool is that?! Say hello to some of my favorite animals - penguins. I wish you all safe travels and a wonderful, adventurous new year!
Love, Evie

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home