Sunday, December 10, 2006

Day 40
LaSerena, Chile
Carrie is still sick...but better. I made her home made veggie broth last night and she has managed to keep that and some bread down....so we are heading to Santiago!
Thank God we had this little apartment and not just some hotel room.
The grocery store here was insane...imagine 3 SamĀ“s Clubs put together. Just when you think you have found the butter....you are in the trampoline section! A far cry from the various little markets of Peru! Its like they have gone 100 degrees in the opposite direction and put EVERYTHING in one place.
Thanks for the Bryce updates Mom! I am so jealous right now. I really miss him and I know we would have so much fun seeing him have so much joy.
Glad to know you are out there Evie! Enjoyed your comments and I am happy you are reading.
Betsy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carrie: I'm happy to hear that you are feeling better.
Jule: I'm sure you are reveling in being full-time Nana! It sounds like you're having a great time and I look forward to hearing the stories firsthand when you get back.
Betsy: It's so great that you are willing and able to blog along the way. I enjoy hearing of your travels. I wish I could be there with you, but this will have to do.
Travel safe and know that I'm living vicariously through you.
Love and hugs, Evie

9:25 AM  
Blogger The Hardy family said...

I am so sorry Carrie is still sick. Hopefully by the time you get this it will have passed. But I bet you are happy to have them. I have to say I am very impressed with the McGeiver maneuvers with the stuck car and the create your own road. That is right out of an episode of LOST. Who was the McGenious that came up with that plan? Poor Rich, I am sure he had to hear about having the idea to go fossil hunting in the first place. Would love his 2.0 of the story!
I don't know why you are so afraid of bus and plane... you seem to have the track record to fear cars. (Recall the trip to Mardis Grad)
Here the halls are decked and the credit card is maxed and we are waiting for old St Nick to arrive in two short weeks.
Oh, and Nanna and Pappa... if you are ever looking for ship mates aboard a cruise, let us know... sounds like you all are having a GREAT time! Sounds like Christmas has arrived early for Bryce!
And let me say again.... MORE PHOTOS PLEASE!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home